We produce plays/short documentaries/
Unshackled Productions produces artistic reflections of life “unshackled.” The brain-trust of author, producer and artistic theologian Alexus Rhone, UP explores issues of guilt and shame through fiction, story-slams and page-to-stage productions. To date, we've produced the following:
1. “Premature Pleasures: The Play” (the stage adaptation of YA-novel Premature Pleasures);
2. “Drowning My Shame,” a mini-documentary exploring the difference between guilt, shame, and divine conviction;
3. “Tellebration-LA: Loot Your Life, Share The Wealth”;
4. “Speak Easy-LA: A Night of R-Rated Storytelling”;
5. “Betrayal” (a story slam in conjunction with the Via Crucis-2015 Art/Contemplation Exhibit);
6. “My Block Speaks: The Rise of the Narrative” (a youth story-slam);
7. “P is for Pink, B is for Boobs” Adult-Night of Storytelling (2015 Hollywood Fringe Festival);
8. “29-Years For 13-Seconds: On Women, Religion, Social Services (and the Rest of that Bullshit)” (2015 Hollywood Fringe Festival).
9. "Tellebration-LA: The Illuminated Script" (2015)
10. "Tellebration-Dallas: For God So Loved Those Loud Black Girls"
11. "Speak Easy: Taboo Storytelling" at the 2016 Erotic Poetry & Music Festivus"